assem.elgendy
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2021/03/17 04:32:00 (permalink)

Lose all connection from time to time

Hello Dears, 
I have the following LAN setup
- Fortigate 80E device with a port with LAN role, DHCP configured and connected to the lan side 
- 16 port Linksys unmanaged switch "Model lgs116"
- 5 D-link APs connected to the switch 
the problem is from time to time all LAN connection become down for about 5 minutes and up again, can't ping the fortigate device or any other device connected via wireless or wired connection, and this happens many times per day.
also I have noticed that when using a network devices discovery tool link "Fing" app, it causes the problem. but it happens with or without the using the app.
Any help ? 
Thanks in advance. 

2 Replies Related Threads

DevinderSharma
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: Lose all connection from time to time 2021/03/17 12:47:44 (permalink)
    Any chance there are two patch cables between unmanaged switch and the firewall? If so, please ensure that the STP / spanning tree protocol is enabled on the switch LAN ports of the firewall. I believe this should be on by default, but at least one thing that you can quickly verify.

Even if there is a single uplink cable from the linksys switch to the firewall, a short circuit downstream on the linksys switch ports will come upstream and result into loop type of situation. So I will check out the cabling as well.
    assem.elgendy
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Lose all connection from time to time 2021/03/18 03:43:44 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply, 
    I'll check the linksys device and cabling.  
    I'm operating with a normal port configured as LAN, Is there a difference between it and switch lan ports ? 
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5