Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DingDong
New Contributor II

Date picker format

So there was this beautiful date picker when changing dates of schedules etc. which was in the format yyyy/MM/dd.

Now we've bought a new FortiGate which comes with OS v6.2.X and there they seem to use the browser's default date picker and the date is displayed in MM/dd/yyyy with no ability to change this (to dd/MM/yyyy or yyyy/MM/dd which is used by the majority of man kind).

This drives me crazy and may leads to errors.

In Firefox also the new time picker doesn't work:

Response from FortiNet customer support (on the time picker part) was "Don't user Firefox", and after weeks of writing back an forth, finally they say the date and time picker changes are a design change and now dependent on the browser and they can't do anything about it and they seem to ignore the fact that the time picker doesn't work at all in Firefox (checked on different computers and verified by FortiNet customer support).

Does anybody know a setting in Chrome or Firefox or whatever where I can have change the date format?

And @FortiNet, please give us the old date picker back where the format was logical.

Also I would appreciate a 24H time format.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Well, I am using v6.0.x AND Firefox and the picker widget is working as expected. So, this has changed in v6.2.

I see the good intentions here, as I would expect that the browser would pick up the 'common' date format from the OS, making the settings in FortiOS more convenient.

Is there a difference between the format you expect and the format the OS is using?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
DingDong
New Contributor II

Yes, in 6.0.X the world was still ok. Sure. The OS is set to display date as dd/MM/yyyy but still in the browser it is different.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors