Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mac987
New Contributor

EMS Server not found

Hi

We are using Forticlient version 6.2.3.0912 on windows 10 connecting to an EMS server running version 6.2.7. The Fortigate firewall is running Version 6.4.4 1803.

I am running some test scenarios and my endpoint was protected by our EMS server , i was also connected to the VPN via SSL.

I decided to de register and delete the device from the EMS server for testing purposed so the EMS server knows nothing about the device. When i try and connect now by entering the hostname ( i have also tried IP address ) on port 8013 into the ' register with the security fabric ' box on the ' fabric telemetry ' tab on my forticlient i get EMS server not found message ( full message below ).

My PC can resolve the hostname

I have run some packet captures on the server and can see my public IP address on windows 10 sending a SYN packet to connect so i know its trying to establish a session but i get no reply and then get the error message ,

' FortiClient Endpoint Management Server (EMS) was not found '

Having researched this issue i cant find out how to resolve it.

Can anybody help please ?

Thank you in advance

kind regards

Mac

2 REPLIES 2
zvideoz
New Contributor

The problem is the same with all relevant versions.

Hyacinthe
New Contributor

Any solution to this?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors