Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Intrepid
New Contributor

Static Wan not working on 100F, but fine on 60F

Hey All, I’ve got a few FG 60F and a new FG 100F. I’ve got a tagged public static coming in for WAN, and this works fine on both the 60F units and a few computers. Assign the manual address/netmask, add a VLAN interface to the wan input, set static routes to internal networks, amend policies to use vlan interface. When I plug the static and VLAN into a completely factory 100f on 6.2.7, I get nothing, no ping to gateway in fortios cli, no ping to external anything. Am I missing something on the 100F that’s different? I’d really appreciate any insider information on bad firmware bugs etc, or advice on something I’m missing! Regards
2 REPLIES 2
brycemd
Contributor II

I don't know of any specific bugs that would cause it, but the 6.2.x firmware branch is just a dumpster fire imo.

I'd be interested if it worked on the latest 6.0.x or even 6.4.x

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

No, the 100F is in no way different from other (desktop) models, running the same FOS version. That's how a FGT is build.

If you just factoryresetted the 100F, you won't get any connection to a VLAN. You didn't mention that you already ported the configuration from the 60F to the 100F.

Probably, you can connect to a LAN port on IP 192.168.1.99 (no VLAN), using HTTPS. If not, enter the FGT through the serial port and configure interfaces first.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors