Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Hazem
New Contributor

Web filter license for Fortigate 601E extraction.

Hi All,

I have a Fortigate 601E box which is licensed for Web filtering. The question is: how, or if there is a way, that I can get the license number from GUI/CLI?? The device registered on Forticloud. However, I still cannot find license number.

Regards,

Hazem

4 REPLIES 4
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Licenses are regsitert to the device at fortigate license servers. So you cannot extract any license number.

You can however migrate licenses from one Fortigate to annother.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
ede_pfau

If you want to get hold of/transfer this license, open a support ticket with FTNT service and support, subject "license status", and ask for support. You will need to have a customer account for this in which the FGT is registered, as licenses are tied to serial numbers.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Hazem
New Contributor

But, this means I can't use the old one, right? if no, then let me ask another question. Is there any way that I have a license to work on a device and VM??

Regards,

Hazem

ede_pfau

As you already suspect, one license is valid for one device. Be it a physical or a virtual device, both are equally functional so both need to be licensed.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors