Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
John_Williamson
New Contributor III

"wad [x46]" process issue with Firmware 6.2.4

We stumbled on a known bug, ( See the release notes for 2.6.4 ) that related to the " wad " process. I think it's a memory leak of some sort. Our Fortogate 3000D would stop passing traffic. The first symptoms were people on VPNs losing connection and then not being able to re-connect. They would not get the login screen. After a reboot the issue would repeat and we would be down in about 30 minutes.  Upgrading to 6.2.6 firmware made it more stable.  However, tech support thought the process may still have been using more resources than expected.  Since I have never had to look at the running process list, I don't know what is normal for the wad [x46] process.  I'll list what I have, I would appreciate knowing what your numbers are. 

RSS = 898M

CPU% = 4.2

Mem% = 1.4

FDS = 6244. ( This number seems to move around based on something the 3000D is handling. It goes from the high 5900s to the mid 6400s ) 

Finally, what does this process do. I found the KB article, but it didn't say what things it did. Knowing what it does might help figure out what might make it really go up.  I don't know how high it went or what field grew when it was failing. 

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors