Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
zubair_ahmad
New Contributor

Route priority 0 in Fortigate firewall

Hi,

We have existing default route towards the ISP with route priority 0 and AD 10. i want to configure the another default route

for seondary ISP without any impact to the network.

if i use priority 0 for secondary ISP, will it add as secondary default route. i don't want to change AD value for both

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It would load-balance if you have the same route to another interface with same distance&priority. Not sure what you meant by "without any impact to the network".

zubair_ahmad

actually my doubt is what if we have have two ISP and having default route towards both the ISP , towards Primary ISP route priority is 0 and AD is 10 and towards secondary ISP route priority is 5 and AD 0, which one would be active. 

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

RP 0 ,  read more about it here with examples

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=FD32103

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
sw2090
Honored Contributor

just as addition to Ken: setting a second default route will not work if you use sd-wan hence sd-wan does the default routing on its own. Just to keep that in mind :)

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors