Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
crp0499
New Contributor

VPN-Pinging remote sites across P2P

We have a Fortigate 61E and we have a VPN tunnel built.  Users install the Fortigate VPN client and they connect to the office just fine.  Those users get an IP on the 10.12.200.x subnet.  Those users can ping and access resources on the local subnet of 192.168.1.x and it's all working great.

ON the Fortigate itself, there is a port for the P2P from site A to site B.  Site B is on the 192.168.4.x subnet, but users connected to the VPN cannot ping or access resources on the 192.168.4.x subnet.  They can resolve domain names, but they can't reach that site.

As a fix, I added as a second destination the site B destination to the one VPN rule I have, but that didn't work.  So, I wrote a second rule for the site B traffic and that's not working either.

Can someone tell me what I need to do for users connecting to the VPN to be able to ping both the local subnet and the subnet on the other side of the P2P?

Thank you.

Cliff

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

?? same problem, second post ??

will asking a thousand times give you more solutions (if you only need one)?

Please stick to "1 problem, 1 post". Be assured, your post will be found, regardless of the forum you post in.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
crp0499

Yeah.  I posted my first one and didn't read the part about waiting for moderation approval so when I didn't see it pop up right away, I thought I miss clicked and posted again.  Then  I could not find a "delete post" option anywhere.  Thanks though.  I appreciate your reply.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors