Re: move configuration of an interface to another interface
There are caveats with this. I just finished moving my access from an interface port to a trunk port to get the same increased bandwidth. Before I could move any policies, I had to move the address entities. Can't do that because they're being used in policies... So I:
1) Created duplicate address entities with "- VLAN" on the end
2) Trunked the VLAN to the trunk port
3) Amended the policies to the new trunk VLAN and the new address entity
4) Cleaned out the old address entities
5) Renamed the new to what the old were
Took some time, but aside from the short move over time, there was no reboot involved.
My two cents
-Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com