Port Forwarding Over a Site To Site VPN Tunnel.

Author
walvarez
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Scores: 0
  • Reward points: 0
2020/11/20 21:19:20 (permalink)

Port Forwarding Over a Site To Site VPN Tunnel.

Hello guys,  I need the setup in this case. 

My scenario is:  where a Site to Site VPN tunnel has been established between Site A and Site B; a Server behind Site A needs to be accessed by using the WAN IP address of Site B.   (RDP and WEB port 80)

The VPN is UP,  site to site VPN tunnel is already established between the two sites and traffic is flowing between them. 

Attached image of my case

Attached Image(s)

2 Replies Related Threads

Toshi Esumi
    Expert Member
    • Total Posts : 2336
    • Scores: 227
    Re: Port Forwarding Over a Site To Site VPN Tunnel. 2020/11/21 10:26:19 (permalink)
    It's not a port forwarding problem but a routing one. The Port forwarding itself has nothing different from the server located at Site B. But if those server accessing sources are anywhere on the internet, you have to have the default route at Site A into the tunnel to get back to Site B, which affect to all other devices Site A.
    If the source IPs are limited and known, you can set specific routes back into the tunnel for those without changing the default route at Site A.
    Toshi Esumi
    Expert Member
    • Total Posts : 2336
    • Scores: 227
    Re: Port Forwarding Over a Site To Site VPN Tunnel. 2020/11/21 10:33:23 (permalink)
    A way around is to NAT the forwarding policy to change the source to the tunnel interface IP. Don't forget to assign a set of IPs on both ends of the tunnel, preferably a /30. Then you don't have to even add any routes at Site A. The other end of the tunnel would be a connected route automatically.
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5