Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cuneytyvz
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN 6.0 stuck at 'Status : Connecting' on Ubuntu

Hi,

I have forticlient vpn 6.0 on ubuntu. When I try to connect with valid user credentials it stucks at Status: Connecting and when I click to disconnect nothing happens, I have to quit the application entirely. What may be the cause of that?

I am sure that the credentials are correct as it connects when we try to connect via a different computer. I added a screenshot to the attachements showing the issue.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Anaji
New Contributor

1. Open forticlient GUI.
  2. Take note of the connection name (if you didn't create it yet, create it according to the above tutorial).
  3. Open a terminal.
  4. Type "fortivpn connect CONNECTIONNAME" (replace CONNECTIONNAME with the name of the connection you created earlier).
  5. You will see a prompt, press "y" (this certificate is what's causing the issue in the GUI).You will receive a push notification on the app, approve it.
  6. You can check the connection by typing "fortivpn status" or checking the GUI

PS. If fortivpn isn't recognized either add /opt/forticlient to the $PATH or substitute it with ./opt/forticlient/fortivpn

PSS. You will need to repeat steps 4-8 every time you need to connect.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors