Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
johnwcalder
New Contributor

Proxy daemon continuously crashes after firmware upgrade

I have two Fortiweb devices in an HA cluster. After upgrading the cluster from 6.3.0 to 6.3.7 customers started reporting intermittent website access. Downgrading back to 6.3.0 did not resolve the issue.

Essentially a lot of connections were either being refused or reset. After some investigation I discovered that the CPU usage was unusually high for a device that didn't have any established connections, so I had a look via SSH and discovered that the "proxyd" daemon is continuously crashing and restarting itself. This happens with either node as master, even with version 6.3.0  running with the same config it had before the upgrade.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

2 REPLIES 2
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello,

I would check with TAC but consider 6.3.8 released today with many proxyd crashes fixed.

https://docs.fortinet.com...eb/6.3.8/release-notes

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
johnwcalder

I see your link to the release notes, but version 6.3.8 does not exist in downloads in the support portal when I go to Fortinet Support. I already have an open ticket with them but it seems that the development team takes a while to respond even when it is a P1 ticket.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors