Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nick_Bligh
New Contributor

Upgrade from 6.2.0

Hi

I wish to upgrade from 6.2.0 but have read there are loads of issue in next versions, can anyone recommend a stable version to move to.

Many Thanks

Nick.

6 REPLIES 6
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Try 6.2.6. For last a couple days after it's been released on Thu, nobody is screaming for major issues so far. It would be better if you could wait and keep watching at any reports for a week or two.

lobstercreed

We skipped 6.2.x and jumped to 6.4.x (currently 6.4.3).  More features and it seems to be more stable code from everything I've heard.  (Just don't do 6.4.1 - lots of bugs until 6.4.2)

boneyard

personally i would not go the 6.4 route yet, it remains the latest version and Fortinet will be more quickly with just removing things or introducing new things which break stuff.

within 6.2 6.2.4 was fine if you don't use the DoS profile, hopefully 6.2.6 will proof really fixing all serious issues.

do remember to take the correct upgrade steps, not jumping from 6.2.0 to 6.2.6 in one go, but first determine the correct path.

Nick_Bligh

ok many thanks 

Nick_Bligh

HI, as 6.2.6. has been in a while now, have you heard of any issues.

Nick.

boneyard
Valued Contributor

there is 6.2.7 already, 6.2.6 has some bad ike daemon issues, so i would skip that if you use VPNs.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors