Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SupaZupa
New Contributor

Site to Site VPN connection not working on FortiGate

Greetings and salutations

I’m new for the world of FortiGate so please excuse my lack of understanding on this product.

The issue to resolve: Site to Site VPN connection not working on FortiGate

(configured by infrastructure dept setup after facture reset of the device)

My Infrastructure: Broadband router in modem mode, which connects to Draytek for DHCP relaying and port management of services (no DHCP or DNS). it’s used as a default GW and port management.

The DHCP address is assigned to the FortiGate is Static/Reserved from the DHCP server. DG is the router and DNS Server is the same server as the DHCP so windows server for AD,DC, DNS,DHCP configured.

FortiGate: It's been setup to have a static internal IP assigned the profile has been figured so it has internet connectivity via WAN1, and Lan 1 goes into a SW and other devices get their IP from that DHCP server as outlined above.

I just need the FortiGate to connect to Site to Site VPN and nothing else really. It gets connected to the internet all profiles have been configured, e.g., VPN profiles, etc so I cannot see where the issues is any though would be apricated

Godspeed

1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

If the FGT is connected to the Draytec and that is connected to the modem that means there is no direct connection between internet and FGT. So your FGT will reach the other side of the site to site vpn when it tries to estalbish the vpn but the other side cannot reach the FGT.

This will require the Draytek to forward port 500/UDP for IPSec and 4500/UDP for NAT-T (if you enabled NAT Traversal) to enable incoming VPN Packets to reach your FGT.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors