Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cust0m
New Contributor

Message "This FortiGate has taken over for the original master" does not disappear

Hi guys,

after upgrading our FortiGate Cluster to 6.2.2, I got the following message in the dashboard: "This FortiGate has taken over for the original master"

"ha override" is enabled. So I thought, I get the message because of the slave (lower priority) having the higher ha uptime. But "diag sys ha reset-uptime" also didn't make the message disappear. The uptime under "System -> HA" also does not change - should that be reset by the command? So I also forced a manual failover, but I still get the message in the Dashboard. Is it just a reminder about a failover that will disappear after some time or why do I get this message?

Best regards,

cust0m

4 REPLIES 4
boneyard
Valued Contributor

from which version did you come from? i have seen this since 6.2.3 and believe Fortinet said it is a bug and will be fixed. was kinda hoping that would finally happen in 6.2.6.

sub7even

So did you managed to get it fixed? I have the same issue whereby the firewall needs to be getting system file check after power disruption. Do you have the same symptom as well?

cust0m

We are still on 6.2.2 and considered the message as cosmetic issue - did not find any way to acknowledge the message "This FortiGate has taken over for the original master" or to hide it.  Since we did not have a power disruption, I can't say anything about that scenario.

boneyard
Valued Contributor

saw it gone on 6.2.7 recently, so it seems to be fixed.

there is no way to acknowledge it or such as im aware.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors