Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Olala1389
New Contributor

Fortigate 100F. Exception in an address object

Hello all,

I want to let subnet 10.0.0.0/8 out to the internet, however, i want to filter out 10.1.100.0/24. How do I do it in my 100F? Sorry, moved to Fortigate from a different product. 

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Create a deny policy for 10.1.100.0/24 then place it above a policy to allow 10.0.0.0/8.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Create a deny policy for 10.1.100.0/24 then place it above a policy to allow 10.0.0.0/8.

Olala1389

Thank you for the solution! In Barracuda it was all in one rule, was hoping for something like that.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If it were simply negate 10.1.100.0/24 then the rest were allowed, you could use a negate address like in the KB. But one policy doesn't seem to have a negate and normal addresses. So you still need to have two policies any way.

But even if they can co-exist in one policy, the FW would operate exactly the same way with two policies. So I don't see much benefit operation-wise. I think that's why they haven't added the feature yet. Nor strong demands.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors