Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
soumyarani
New Contributor

how to block all the connectionsfrom the fortigate to fortiguard servers and FDN

i have purchased a new fortigate 101e and it uses the fortiOS 6.0.6 and before i connect it to the internet i want to disable all connections to fortiguard servers and forti Distribution Network(FDN), our enviroment will use a manual updates for it and its services, so i have:

[ol]
  • Changed the DNS and the NTP (because they contain ips with is in fortinet)
  • In FortiGuard we disabled push update and scheduled updates, improve IPS quality, override FortiGuard server.
  • Disabled sending malware statics to FortiGuard
  • Disable the submission of security rating results to FortiGuard by: set security-rating-result-submission disable
  • Change the DNS record for the update.fortiguard.net to resolve to a local ip in the dns server.
  • disabled the fortiguard anycast.[/ol]

and in the web filter and DNS i will not use the foriguard category base filter i will use a static url filter.

i just want to make sure non of my traffic reach fortiguard or FDN or any of their servers before i connect it to the internet.

Appreciate your help. thanks.

• 1 REPLY 1
    mauromosc
    New Contributor

Hi, Soumyarani,

have you checked this article?

https://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD46618

Regards,

Mauro.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors