Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
itmaint
New Contributor

Fortigate 90D HIGH CPU

Hi everyone,

I manage 3 FGT 90D in 3 different schools and if I enable the webfilter in  the policies the CPU jump over 90%.

The firmware is 6.0.4

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Markus
Valued Contributor

The 90D is a very old Model and limited in throughtput. It depends on your requirements, but you should consider to replace them.

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
itmaint
New Contributor

Ok I know it but , in this moment, the administration of the school cannot change the hardware. 

Get an firmware upgrade?

Markus
Valued Contributor

You can try, but 6.0.x is IMHO the latest release for 90D (last is 6.0.11) Maybe you are somewhere else in limit, check https://help.fortinet.com/fgt/54/max-values/5-4-6/max-values.html

and also check get sys perf stat and get sys perf top https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.3/cookbook/232929/troubleshooting-high-cpu-usage

It could also be a memory problem if the box runs at limits with UTM and if you log to memory at the same time

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Markus
Valued Contributor

good luck

itmaint
New Contributor

OK, I'LL try to upgrade! Thanks Markus

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors