Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bwolk
New Contributor

How to use local internet connection instead of the one provided by FortiClient?

Hi,

in my PC there's a WiFi interface connected to my ISP's router; this is how I usually connect to the internet. Since I now work remotely, I got access to my company's network via FortiClient VPN. This VPN provides internet access and whenever I connect to it (via SSL), when I use internet (e.g. in a browser) it goes through the VPN instead of my local router. This is a bit of a problem for me since I would like that all my internet traffic go through my ISP, not my company. How can I achieve this? I've already tried setting the metric on my WiFi to 1 and both the Fortinet Ethernet Adapters to 100 but it didn't work. I also followed tutorial below, but with same result.

Tutorial: https://georgetasioulis.c...way-on-remote-network/

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

It's probably your IT dept. and/or company's policy to force VPN users to use the FGT terminating all remove VPNs for the internet path when all employees are connected to it. It's because of the way the FGT side is configured. So you need to contact them.

bwolk

Thanks, as you said, the problem was solved by blocking internet access on FortiGate.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors