Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
prashanth_rnm
New Contributor

Fortimanager Policy Package Diff

Hi There,

I'm pretty new to the Fortimanager and I came across an issue while I push a policy to the firewall.

Generally I will check the Policy Package Difference before pushing the rule.

While I was checking I come across some changes apart from what I have created/modified.

Generally I'm noticing this on the Policy Object. Some examples as below

Example 1:

Changed

Name: <blank>

Category: 316

Detail: "serial-number"

The above is showing me that the serial number is changed but when I looked at the values I saw the previous and current values are the same only on the updated values serial number is showed between ""

Example 2:

Changed

Name: <Local Firewall Admin Username>

Category:5

Detail: <blank>

What is the reason I'm seeing these difference as those were not the changes done by me?

Is there any documents available that describe more details on the Category Code?

Thanks in Advance

Prashanth

1 REPLY 1
Fullmoon
Contributor III

it seems this is common if you managed multiple FGs devices with same objects (name and address) for example default values for ssl vpn. I often encountered this when adding and deleting lists of FGs under my FMG device manager. To fixed from my end, I need to do a dynamic mapping object. Please see link https://help.fortinet.com/fmgr/50hlp/56/5-6-1/FortiManager_Admin_Guide/1200_Policy%20and%20Objects/1...

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors