Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
R_62B
New Contributor

Is FctMiscAgent my problem? (Mac)

For months my Mac has had a LOT of trouble keeping all applications running. Most of the time the problem is with Word and Outlook. These two applications freeze. Activity Monitor reports that the applications are not responding. Often I have to do a force-quit.   Yesterday, though, Word and Outlook performed nominally. The problems then were with Contacts and Safari. Those applications repeatedly failed to respond (per Activity Monitor.)   My recollection is that, each time one of these important applications stops responding, I also see in Activity Monitor that a process named FctMiscAgent is similarly not responding. I also notice that, after I force-quit the non-responding application, then FctMiscAgent responds.   I believe that FctMiscAgent is associated with Forticlient. I installed Forticlient at the beginning of the lockdown, but I have not used it for months. If FctMiscAgent is interfering with the applications that I do use, I could happily remove FctMiscAgent.   Currently I am on Forticlient VPN 6.2.6.737.   I cannot find FctMiscAgent. I would think that it is in one Library or the other.   Does anyone know if FctMiscAgent could be causing my important applications to freeze? And, if so, where is FctMiscAgent?   TIA

1 REPLY 1
R_62B
New Contributor

Follow-up here.   On the newer of my Macintoshes, I went up to the Forticlient icon in the Menu Bar.   I pulled down the menu to Shutdown Forticlient.   Forticlient then shut down.

I tried the same thing on the older Macintosh.   Here Forticlient does not shut down.  Instead I get a dialog box stating:

Failed to shutdown FortiClient

Some services are not able to be shutdown.   

I do not want to uninstall Forticlient.   I just want to turn it off for the time being.

Is there some way of shutting down "some services?"

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors