Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jonh001
New Contributor

Policy routing not working

I'm trying to get policy routing working in which case traffic from one device will always use a specific wan circuit while all other traffic uses the other wan circuit but it doesn't seem to work.

[ul]
  • I have a Fortigate 50E (6.0.8) with 2 WAN connections (both DSL unfortunately from the same ISP)
  • I have both connected and PPPoE set on both - both up appearing as connected networks (ppp1 and ppp2) in the routing table
  • I have 2 static default routes, circuit A (wan1) with distance and priority 10 and circuit B (wan2) with 20
  • I have a policy route which says incoming interface LAN, source IP of my test PC, destination any, forward traffic out wan2 (circuit B)
  • I have a policy which allows all traffic from this this test PC on the lan to go to the internet using wan2 (this policy is ahead of the policy which allows general lan traffic to the internet through wan1)[/ul]

Whenever I do anything on this machine, all the traffic still uses wan1.

What have I missed?

• 1 REPLY 1
    lobstercreed
    Valued Contributor

The distance must be the same so that both routes are installed in the routing table, but the priority can be set lower on the wan1 circuit so that traffic only hits that unless it hits your policy route.

Review this document for detailed explanations of different scenarios.  You are trying to accomplish Scenario 5 I believe.

https://kb.fortinet.com/k....do?externalId=FD32103

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors