Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
giannifari
New Contributor

FortiClient does not install because it detects Avast is installed

Hi,   I have been trying to install FortiClient but the setup doesn't work because it says Avast is still installed. It seems we can't get rid of Avast at all... I'm using Windows 10 Pro and tried to uninstall the latest Avast version at the moment I'm writing this post. Actually I have gone through these:   - Uninstalling by Control Panel = FAILED - Uninstalling by Avast Uninstall Utility= FAILED - Uninstalling by ESET removal tool = FAILED - Uninstalling with other third party tools = FAILED - Tried to manually delete all the remaining folders = FAILED - Tried to manually delete all the registry entries = FAILED - Deactivated the Avast real time protection before permorming the above steps = FAILED - Some combinations of the above = FAILED (and one time almost couldn't start my pc... by luck I was able to get it work again...) The problem is that Avast apparently seems to be uninstalled, but when I try to install a new antivirus, the setup stops because it detects Avast is already installed. Please help me with any advice you may provide, I can't believe I have no options to completely remove Avast.   Thanks, Gianni
0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors