Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rohitchoudhary1978
New Contributor III

Fortigate 100D as Cisco switch port aggregation

Hi, Please help me using my fortigate 100D as aggregate switch just as we do in Cisco layer 2 switch as below :

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/33  switchport trunk native vlan 400  switchport trunk allowed vlan 2,3,400  switchport mode trunk  switchport nonegotiate  channel-protocol lacp  channel-group 11 mode active ! interface GigabitEthernet1/0/34  switchport trunk native vlan 400  switchport trunk allowed vlan 2,3,400  switchport mode trunk  switchport nonegotiate  channel-protocol lacp  channel-group 11 mode active

and

interface Port-channel11  switchport trunk native vlan 400  switchport trunk allowed vlan 2,3,400  switchport mode trunk  switchport nonegotiate

I tried to do it as creating new interface 802.3ad aggregate with 2 ports but even after applying and enabling those ports, new interface shows down.  I have no idea if it is supported on FGT 100D.

Please help

Regards

Rohit K

Rohit K
Rohit K
1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

FortiGate doesn't do L2 switching like those switches do. And it doesn't have concept of native vlan or access port. So you can't connect "VLAN 400" to non-tagged interface. 

You can still configure aggregated interfaces with LACP to connect to other switches/routers then put "tagged" VLANs on it. That part should come up. Share us your current config if that part doesn't come up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

FortiGate doesn't do L2 switching like those switches do. And it doesn't have concept of native vlan or access port. So you can't connect "VLAN 400" to non-tagged interface. 

You can still configure aggregated interfaces with LACP to connect to other switches/routers then put "tagged" VLANs on it. That part should come up. Share us your current config if that part doesn't come up.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors