Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
araatn
New Contributor II

Security profiles conflicts system settings

Hi guys,

I would like to know why I cannot set my security profiles on my security policies... I cannot found why or how to solve it.

When I set a security profile like anti virus or web filter or application control or ips (default or new created ones), I receive a message that it conflicts with the system settings..

I do have license for that because on the status dashboard those are green marked.

Can someone help me? :)

Thanks and much appreciated.

kr,

1 Solution
araatn
New Contributor II

@boneyard,

I found the solution which was creating my own firewall profile-protocol-options and applying this to all my security profiles which was ok

Solution steps are these below:

FGT40C# config firewall profile-protocol-options FGT40C(profile-protocol-options)# edit test5 FGT40C(test5)# --> set the protocol options as needed, or leave it as the default FGT40C(test5)# end 2. Put the UTM Proxy Options (or Protocol Options) that were created above to the firewall policy: FGT40C# config firewall policy FGT40C(policy)# edit 5 -----> Create firewall policy or choose the old one FGT40C(5)# set utm-status enable FGT40C(5)# set profile-protocol-options test5 -----> put test5 in the firewall policy. FGT40C(5)# set webfilter-profile default -----> user webfilter "default" with test5 FGT40C(5)# end

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
boneyard
Valued Contributor

might have something to do with flow / proxy profiles while the firewall is in other mode

what model firewall, which version FortiOS?

araatn
New Contributor II

@boneyard,

I found the solution which was creating my own firewall profile-protocol-options and applying this to all my security profiles which was ok

Solution steps are these below:

FGT40C# config firewall profile-protocol-options FGT40C(profile-protocol-options)# edit test5 FGT40C(test5)# --> set the protocol options as needed, or leave it as the default FGT40C(test5)# end 2. Put the UTM Proxy Options (or Protocol Options) that were created above to the firewall policy: FGT40C# config firewall policy FGT40C(policy)# edit 5 -----> Create firewall policy or choose the old one FGT40C(5)# set utm-status enable FGT40C(5)# set profile-protocol-options test5 -----> put test5 in the firewall policy. FGT40C(5)# set webfilter-profile default -----> user webfilter "default" with test5 FGT40C(5)# end

boneyard
Valued Contributor

nice, thanks for sharing

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors