Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
shayamon
New Contributor

BGP defult route removed from routing table

hello all

we have 2 wan links peered with ISP for internet redundency

we are able to recive the 0.0.0.0 defult route from ISP Via BGP

my question regards a third wan link we own for CAM use , it uses a static route to the internet aswell

but i cant seem to have both 0.0.0.0 routes in the routing table in the same time

so we cannot acsess the CAM from outside

how can i resolve this ? i have tried to put same distance and diffrent priority but the BGP route disapeers . .

anyone came accross this issue ?

Routing table for VRF=0 S       0.0.0.0/0 [30/0] via 192.117.0.*, port3 B    *> 0.0.0.0/0 [20/0] via 192.117.9.*, wan1, 03:22:58

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Two routes, a static and BGP for the same prefix, can't co-exist in the routing table even if you put the same admin distance [20] on the static route. The static route takes precedence over the same BGP route in that case.

Only way to have 2 or more default routes on the routing table is not to use BGP default routes but set three static default routes on three circuits then set a higher priority on the third static default route toward the third internet interface, so that outgoing traffic wouldn't go there but it can still receive incoming packets and their return packets are allowed to go back based on the known sessions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Yurisk
Valued Contributor

How does this set up work - users on the Internet connect to WAN IP configured on CAM interface ? Or hosts in LAN go out to the Internet via this CAM interface?

Yuri https://yurisk.info/  blog: All things Fortinet, no ads.
Yuri https://yurisk.info/ blog: All things Fortinet, no ads.
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Two routes, a static and BGP for the same prefix, can't co-exist in the routing table even if you put the same admin distance [20] on the static route. The static route takes precedence over the same BGP route in that case.

Only way to have 2 or more default routes on the routing table is not to use BGP default routes but set three static default routes on three circuits then set a higher priority on the third static default route toward the third internet interface, so that outgoing traffic wouldn't go there but it can still receive incoming packets and their return packets are allowed to go back based on the known sessions.

shayamon

Thank you for you help toshi very appreciated
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors