Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AlexeyU
New Contributor

Override categorized URL with remote categories

Hello!

Not understand how to override some URLs in category. I have remote category with, for example 'www.ru' url-entry. This URL in 'Busines' category on Fortigate. In documentation I see: 'If an HTTP/HTTPS request URL is matched in remote category's entry list, it will override its original FortiGuard URL rating and be treated as a remote category', but I'll tried few variable of entry (www.ru, *.www.ru, www.ru/*...) but site is locked.

In web-filter I set block for all Fortigate categories and allow only my own remote category.

FortiOS v6.4.2 build1723

How to write my own entry for override local entry?

1 REPLY 1
andrewmartin
New Contributor

AlexeyU wrote:

Hello!

Not understand how to override some URLs in category. I have remote category with, for example 'www.ru' url-entry. This URL in 'Busines' category on Fortigate. In documentation I see: 'If an HTTP/HTTPS request URL is matched in remote category's entry list, it will override its original FortiGuard URL rating and be treated as a remote category', but I'll tried few variable of entry (www.ru, *.www.ru, www.ru/*...) but site is locked.

In web-filter I set block for all Fortigate categories and allow only my own remote category.

FortiOS v6.4.2 build1723

How to write my own entry for override local entry?

You may try with another variable after the URL, and can you tell that the site is locked, why?

Is there any specific issue?

Regards

Andre Martin 

talktosonic talktoihop
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors