Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
romgo75
New Contributor

FortiEMS 6.2.7 custom msi

Hi guys,

we just get fortiems 6.2.7 up and running.

Looking with my team to deploy FortiClient 6.2.7 to all laptops, we don't want to use EMS for deployment, but our BMC server.

So I generated a msi and mst forticlient from EMS.

But when i installed the Forticlient, telemetry isn't configured. Hence those installation are without a licence. And this need our team to manuallt add the EMS address.

Does anyone know how to generate a msi with proper mst file ?

best regards

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Lofthouse
New Contributor III

Hi romgo75.

We have just rolled out FortiClient EMS 6.2.7 for one of our customers.

It was the first time I've properly worked with FortiClient EMS, so it was quite an adventure?

This was especially so as we are providing it as a hosted service, rather than it being on the customer network, so the Endpoints needed to always be able to communicate with it through any firewalls.

I know the connection to EMS and auto registration worked okay when using the executable (via the EMS download link).

I have not been directly involved in the deployment phase of FortiClient, but I know our customer used Microsoft Intune for the deployment.

After some difficulties similar to what you are experiencing, I dug out the following for them to use with MS Intune and the MSI/MST files from the EMS server:

msiexec /qn /i "FortiClient.msi" TRANSFORMS=FortiClient.mst

I believe this resolved their issue.

Kind regards,

Phil

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors