Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

Single FortiGate unit managing a stack of several FortiSwitch units - Third Party Switch

I'm about to set up two FortiSwitch's up using the "Single FortiGate unit managing a stack of several FortiSwitch units" topology. I will start with 2 FortiSwitch's but may add more in the stack.

As I read the documentation at: https://docs.fortinet.com...work-topologies#Tier-1 there is a note that says: External devices shown in the following topology must be compliant endpoints, such as computers. They cannot be third-party switches or appliances.

Can a third party switch which supports VLAN's be connected to one of the ports of one of the FortiSwitch's and can the VLAN extend through the third party switch?

2 REPLIES 2
rgracioli_FTNT

yes, that's possible, make sure to configure the FSW port connected to the 3rd-party switch to allow the VLANs you want to extend. 

Rafael Gracioli | Consulting Systems Engineer, ADC and Switching m: +31 6 50 28 72 99 | skype: rgracioli | e: rgracioli@fortinet.com

SecurityPlus

Thanks!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors