Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CBACK
New Contributor

Fortigate 100d device inventory shows "no results" in all widgets

Hope this is the right place.  It's possible it's a simple setting I have missed.

We have 2 fortigate 100Ds and our primary shows everything as it should under "device inventory". 

Our second unit, which I was just going to put into production shows "no results" under all the sections. 

I have several interfaces set up and a couple devices attached. The devices on DHCP show up under the interfaces just fine. 

Our first unit is running 6.2.2, I had put 6.2.4 on the second one, then reverted to 6.2.3 then 6.2.2 trying to see if it was a firmware issue. Doesn't seem to be.

I was going to upload a pic, but I can't seem to.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Cory

5 REPLIES 5
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

Hi Cory,

If you can share a screen capture, that would help. When you say Primary/Secondary - are these units in HA?

Please check that you have "Device Identification" enabled on the correct interface(s).

CBACK

I think I got the pic to attach.  It looks like the "device detection" option oly shows up on vlans. I have it enabled on the vlans, but it doesn't seem to change anything on this screen.

I'll attach a pic of the same screen on our other 100d in another post as it only lets me do one..

Both are completely separate and are running separate networks.

Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

CBACK wrote:

I think I got the pic to attach.  It looks like the "device detection" option oly shows up on vlans. I have it enabled on the vlans, but it doesn't seem to change anything on this screen.

I'll attach a pic of the same screen on our other 100d in another post as it only lets me do one..

Both are completely separate and are running separate networks.

The device identification option is likely disabled on the interfaces where you have devices. If you do not see the option, make sure you change the role of the interface to "LAN". It will be enabled by default for LAN role.

CBACK

Thank you for the direction... It got me working through some of the issues.  When I set up the interfaces to connect to the 2 switches it'll run, I set them up as redundant links with 2 ports each. They seemed to work great and would fail over if a port failed. It appears that this setting will not allow the device discovery to work. As soon as I changed one over to a single link it suddenly populated the fields.

Now it looks like I get to move 39 Vlans to a new interface.. Ugh.

Thanks!

CBACK

Pic of the FG100d that seems to have the device inventory working correctly.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors