Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hengkyti
New Contributor

Help Me My FGT310b Got Kernel Panic

Dear Friends ,

Please Help Me My FGT310b Got Kernel Panic . Anyone have the specific firmware . because i cant find the firmware .

Here the error messages

Code: Bad EIP value. <0>Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init! <0>Rebooting in 5 seconds..FG310B (17:18-01.04.2010) Ver:04000017 Serial number:FG300B3910603364

FGT_310B-v5-build0727-FORTINET.out or Other version

Thanks For Your Help :)

6 REPLIES 6
live89
Contributor

I can send you the firmware

Do you have FTP server or something?

Thanks

Thanks
hengkyti

Thanks 

Iam Already contact you from Private Message :)

hengkyti

Please help me , Still Stuck

--------------------------------------------------

All data will be erased,continue:[Y/N]? Formatting boot device... .............................................................. Format boot device completed.

Enter G,F,B,I,Q,or H:

Please connect TFTP server to Ethernet port "10".

Enter TFTP server address [192.168.1.168]: 192.168.1.100 Enter firmware image file name [image.out]: FGT_310B-v5-build0727-FORTINET.out Local address from DHCP server:192.168.1.101 MAC:00090FD901C6 ############################ Total 29620514 bytes data downloaded. Verifying the integrity of the firmware image. crc error

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Then most likely the internal flash is damaged. If even a boot device format does not fix it, you would need to replace it.

I'm assuming this is an out-of-warranty device anyway, so take a heart and have a look at the mainboard. The flash IC might well be soldered in, though. If you're lucky, it's socketed.

BTW, while having a look you might notice that the 310B uses socketed standard DIMM RAM modules (DDR2? std RAM?). So you might consider upgrading the RAM as well, of course only if you get the FGT to boot reliably.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
sw2090
Honored Contributor

coming from out of the unix world I know that Bad EIP value could alsoe be a symptom of faulty ram or similar.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
hengkyti

thanks for your answer sir , can you send me that firmware . i want to flash the faulty OS

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors