Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lachlan_hughes
New Contributor

Web Action ports and port forwarding

I spent a bit of time trying to get our quarantine summary report Web Actions working and thought I would leave this solution here for anyone else in my position later down the track.

Our problem was that we had used up all our public IP address:443 so we were unable to forward the Web Release link publicly to our FortiMail unit.

Such a simple solution exists:

EDIT: it is not essential to add the port to the end of the Web release hostname if you change the administrator port as below. Changing the port automatically changes the web release port

To fix EXTERNAL link

Open Security > Quarantine > Quarantine Report and set the Web release host name/IP: to include a new port (see attached image). e.g. server.domain.com:10443 or FortiMail-server.contoso.com:444

To fix INTERNAL link

Don't forget to change the port which the FortiMail unit listens on. This can be done under System > Configuration > Option > Administration Ports > HTTPS Port Number. e.g. 10443 or 444 (as above)

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors