Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jimmart
New Contributor

Forticlient VPN fails to install

Hi Guys,

Im trying to install Forticlient VPN 6.0 (Tried to install other versions as well, 6.4 6.2 but still the same error comes up) however it fails to install and just rolls back, ive made sure that it is not blocked and it runs as an administrator.

Do you guys know of any fix for this? Below are the logs that ive seen on it but havent had a clue. Thanks

I trimmed the logs a bit since it can only support 1mb here.

6 REPLIES 6
Yogesh
New Contributor

Hi,

Does the installation stops at the phase of installing drivers? If so, can you uninstall your existing Antivirus/Firewall and then try to install again?

Regards,

Yogesh

jimmart
New Contributor

It doesnt stop at the phase of installing drivers, from what i notice it does get past it however after completion it goes to a rollback state. There is no external antivirus\firewall installed on the machine. 

Yogesh
New Contributor

Hi,

As per logs shared, it shows msi error 1603 multiple times. Here is a microsoft article that gives more insight to this error:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/834484/you-receive-an-error-1603-a-fatal-error-occurred-dur...

You can try the following steps:

1. Download any global uninstaller tool like IObit uninstaller and uninstall Forticlient software completely.

2. Restart the computer, go to C:\Program Files and delete the Fortinet/Forticlient folder manually.

3. During re-installation, select a different drive/folder path for installation rather than the default C:\ (must ensure that the new drive/folder path is not encrypted and have full access for user)

Regards,

Yogesh

jimmart
New Contributor

Hi Yogesh,

I have tried your instruction but still doesnt work. 

Step 1 and Step 2 isnt applicable since it never installed so the program wasnt there when i checked it via IOBit uninstaller as well as the folder wasnt there.

I tried to install it on a different folder path but it still rolls back.

Yogesh
New Contributor

Hi Jim,

How about the Windows Security center items - Firewall & default protection? 

Also, try the workaround mentioned here:

https://forum.fortinet.com/FindPost/63433

Also, try if you can get hold of 5.6 or 5.4 version and then try to install it first.

Regards,

Yogesh

shehab
New Contributor III

Hello Friend,

This is might be something related to the leftover files from the previous client, I am assuming you can't update 6.0 to 6.4 directly since it was an enhached version.

If I were you, I will consider uninstalling the 6.0 first then have a fresh installation of 6.4.

Consider using Revo uninstaller to uninstall and delete all the leftover files then install the new version after rebooting the PC.

Also, you might have it failed at the first time, you have to go to control panel,remove add/remove programs , select the client then right click and choose repair.

Regards,

Shehab

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors