Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
an0nymous
New Contributor

Fortinet 60e doesn't boot?

Hi,

This is JUST out of support, and I attempted to factory reset it, as I intended to play with it. When I did so, it no longer booted up.  Then, when I tried a different clover lead, it powered up for about...1 second, and then it stopped again. What can I do in this situation? I can't also connect to it via serial too given it simply won't power up. I have tried nonetheless however.

2 REPLIES 2
lunhas2k4
New Contributor II

Hi,

It appears that it might be bricked, judging from what you've said.

Connecting the serial cable a power-cycling it should give you some kind of output on you terminal.

Do you confirm that there is absolutely nothing on the screen?

If so, from the little experience I've had RMA is the solution. But you say that support is just expired as well.

Without any output you will not be able to do much.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlitos loves firewalls

NSE4 (5.4,6.0)

NSE5 (Fortimanager 6.0, Fortianalyzer 6.0)

NSE7 (Enterprise Firewall 6.0)

Carlitos loves firewalls NSE4 (5.4,6.0) NSE5 (Fortimanager 6.0, Fortianalyzer 6.0) NSE7 (Enterprise Firewall 6.0)
an0nymous

Lunhas2k4 wrote:
Hi,   It appears that it might be bricked, judging from what you've said. Connecting the serial cable a power-cycling it should give you some kind of output on you terminal. Do you confirm that there is absolutely nothing on the screen? If so, from the little experience I've had RMA is the solution. But you say that support is just expired as well. Without any output you will not be able to do much. Let us know how it goes.  
That's what I did and there was no output to the screen, so unsure of what else I can do? Thanks
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors