Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
xamuko
New Contributor

Duplicate objects - import policies error

Hi, 

I'm trying to import policies from 3 FGT to FMG (5.41 FGT -> 6.2.5 FMG) 1st FGT was imported with no problem, but the 2nd FGT showed up errors and it only shows like 3 policies instead the full table.

FGTs are managed by 1 adom.

Am i missing something?

5 REPLIES 5
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

both FortiGates are running the same firmware?

If they have similar options, policies, or objects it normally asks if you want to import the settings from the Gate or to utilize what the Manager already has.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
xamuko

Thanks...

However, when i hit the import policy button...it showed me the first screen ...i selected to import all objects...then it ran the import thing and gave me the errors on duplicate objects, after that, the 3 remaining policies or objects asked me what i wanted to do ...use the fgt database or fmg.

chall_FTNT

"Import Policy" is only supported if the FortiGate matches the version of the ADOM.  Is your ADOM version 5.4?

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
xamuko

Yep, i have 5.4 and 5.6 adoms..

FGT i was trying to import was to the 5.4 adom.

What i've noticed is that i'm importing this to the root folder...shall i use fgt1 folder - fgt2 folder and so on to avoid this error ? 

I'll keep trying..researching on this...

sw2090
Honored Contributor

sounds strange....

If I imported a FMG into my FMG in no matter what FMG and/or adom version and the FGT already had policies the FMG always created an extra policy package for that FGT (thus I wished it didn't as i don't needed. In earlier FMG you were asked wether you want to import policies or not but that was removed sometime).

With that it could never cause duplicate objects.

Is the firmware on your FGT(s) to import matching the version of the adom? This could be one cause.

Or did you somehow manage it to import all into the defautl policy package?

Is the concerned objects even part of policy package or is it part of device config?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors