Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gbrits
New Contributor

Huge throughput speed loss between Fortigate 70D IPSEC tunnel

Good day 

Please assist with the following issue.

I have a microwave link between two offices, the Micorwave link (air fiber) in a 126MB link.

On each side I have a Fortigate 70D firewall. IPSEC tunnel between them to securely connect each office with each other.

When I do a copy between two servers at each side, I get no more that 2.6MB/sec transfer rate. I can even see on the ubiquiti dashboard my throughput is only a 20MB link speed between the two firewalls.

I also have two linux firewalls connecting to each other also via the same microwave link, when I do a copy speed between the two linux firewalls, I use the full 126MB link speed (throughput)

The IPSEC tunnel between the two fortigate firewalls is an issue, what can I look at or change etc ? Aint there a certain security level change I can do, lower the encryption or something that is causing this ?

2 REPLIES 2
gbrits
New Contributor

Sorry, it is a vpn between two 80C fortigates

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi,

hard to tell without any info on your config.

In general, IPsec traffic is offloaded and then happening in wirespeed. Even on a D series model.

Do you have UTM in place? Disabled for testing?

What encryption/hash algo are you using?

Have you tried plain vanilla routing instead of VPN? Throughput then?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors