Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
m_alomaisi
New Contributor

Fortigate 60D

Hi 

i forgot login details to my Fortigate 60d , Now i want to reset it to the default factory ,

How i can do that if i don't have the login details .i tried with maintainer account login but failure to access 

1 REPLY 1
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Depending what firmware is running on the 60D you will need to perform a cold boot rather than a warm boot if you are trying to access the 60D from the maintainer account and console cable - you may have 30 seconds (if on older firmware) to log into the fgt from a console connection.  See #FD44562 for details. 

[size="2"]If you have a readable backup config (not encrypted) and have not changed the auto-install-config feature - you can edit the admin password in that config then save that config on a USB stick as "fgt_system.conf" and perform a cold boot with that USB stick inserted into the fgt.  See #FD31911 for details.  (Same USB stick can also be used to restore firmware as well if needed.) [/size]

That said, if I am not mistaken if you reboot the 60D and watch from a console connection you should be able to break/interrupt the boot process to get into the boot/configuration menu to format/upload new firmware and upload new firmware via tftp.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors