Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lzydavid
New Contributor

FortiGate 81E: Cant access any webpage despite my pc's network icon shows internet access

My setup: Internet access came from a d-link router using a sim card (4G)  the router is then connect to one of the port in the FortiGate using WAN setup interface. My computer is connected to another port in the FortiGate

6 REPLIES 6
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

Do you know if your wan connection is functional. For example can you connect a computer directly to the modem and get working internet? Does your modem have a static or DHCP addressing?
lzydavid
New Contributor

The router uses DHCP, i can access the internet when i connect my computer into one of the lan ports, but if i connect the fortigate between my router and computer, i cant access any web-page despite network icon shows internet access when my cursor hover over it.The router i'm using is d-link 921.

SecurityPlus

Do you have an IPv4 policy set up to allow traffic to flow from the internal port that your laptop is connected out through the WAN port that your router is connected?
lzydavid

Yeah i did, it finally worked when i set the dns server address to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4, no idea why though

SecurityPlus

Glad to hear it is working!
sw2090
Honored Contributor

what did u use as dns before?

If you want to use the FGT you need to enable a DNS Forwarder for the iterface your PC is connected to.

Still wondering about it. If Windows,OSX,IOS or Android show internet access that means they have reached their connectivity test url successfully. This mostly should require a working dns though.

Alas we don't know what DNS you used before I cannot really say.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors