Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Walenteano
New Contributor

Printer not working on the network.

I have a fortiwifi 50E that acts as the firewall and DHCP server.

All other devices connected through wireless and cables responds to ICMP requests but I have difficulty with my printer.

I configured a static IP on it and it is visible on the fortiwifi yet it is not responding to any ICMP request nor is it printing.

Kindly assist if there is additional configuration needed because the only IPV4 policy on it is LAN just for users to have access to the internet.

1 REPLY 1
Gabriellk
New Contributor

How did you "block" it from your network? Did you blacklist the MAC address on your router? If so, you need to remove the MAC address from the blacklist before the device can reconnect.

The printer's MAC address can usually be found on the a label on the printer itself.

Or direct to ip, print server?

Sounds like either she sends a work to the printer with 0 bytes, or the job doesn't do it first. Try to run a laptop network trace and filter all but the printer's ip. See where contact ceases and check for insights. Compare the like traffic from a running machine.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors