Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Hohemheim
New Contributor

Inbound Traffic Microsoft Teams

Hi, I'm new at Forti (and networking). I like to know how to obtain an inbound log of the aplication Microsoft Teams, how many sessions, etc. Can you point me any direction? 

this is what I deduced so far (Image)

Thank you

Best Regards

Jponce

1 REPLY 1
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

Well for starters you're looking in the wrong log.  You want the "Forward traffic" log for traffic that the FortiGate forwards along the way.  Local traffic is for traffic with the FortiGate itself as the destination.

Next, your concept of traffic is wrong.  When you load a webpage most of the traffic is inbound, yes, but the request is initiated outbound which is what matters where firewalls are concerned.  So if you were looking for SSH traffic you would look for traffic with port 22 as the destination port.

However, this is unlikely to help you much with Teams as much of it is regular old HTTPS traffic.  Honestly I'm no expert as we've avoided using Teams in our environment, but you'll have better luck with application control than with simple port-based searches.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors