Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Darkstar
New Contributor

ssl vpn android keep alive

Hi,

I noticed that despite instructions/pdf from fortinet, there is no option on Android App to set the option 'always up', like you can on desktop client. Its pretty random, but connection on two different phones/networks keeps disconnecting after few minutes, even if the screen is on (but not doing anything, just power saving options cranked up). I dont think this is android sleep mode or anything liek that related. I found that there is an option in config vpn ssl settings - set idle-timeout, but I wouldnt want to go that far, its just for one user. So why would it be removed/hidden? Is there some special way to activate it ? Im also testing 'manual' keep alive, pinging with a tool some vpn server, but thats just a workaround. :)

3 REPLIES 3
Darkstar
New Contributor

Ok, pinging didnt help, disconnected anyways.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Is the mobile data reliable? Here's what I did when we had vpn clients on vodafone, we use the same app same phone, but one on mobile data and the other on wifi. We found that the mobile data ip connection was causing the disconnect.

I would grab  a few phones and update the OS and do some testing, the phone we seen the worst on where onePlus btw

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Darkstar
New Contributor

No, wifi works the same, both phones.

And, pinging did help - i didnt notice that the pinging app closes itself, when 'back' button i used. When you do 'circle' to desktop it still works, and helps keep the tunnel up. Just a workaround then for now.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors