Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fruwolt
New Contributor

wipe all data from fg60d

Hey guys,

i'd like to wipe all data from this fortigate 60d (firmware v6.0.9) and tried a lot already, but it's still showing licensing information in System->FortiGuard (especially FortiCare Support is set to Registered, followed by an email address..).

I have access to the device via rj45 on port 1/login with default username and password.

What did i do already:

- execute factoryreset via cli

- execute formatlogdisk

- execute erase-disk usb-1 (but not boot disk,because the device probably wouldn't boot anymore?)

- upgraded firmware from v6.0.6 to v6.0.9 - which is installed now)

But now i ran out of ideas. Especially with 'execute factoryreset' i was hoping to delete everything from the device..

So i would really appreciate any help!  

Regards

Frank

2 Solutions
Fullmoon
Contributor III

kindly call Fortinet Customer Service to delete all info associated on that device.

resetting the device to its factory wont solved your desire.

Fortigate Newbie

View solution in original post

Fortigate Newbie
sw2090
Honored Contributor

btw: wiping the boot disk will not brick the device (unless the flash dies which recently happened to me). Bootloader will still run and you can either tftp a new firmware or do usb auto config (if it were enabled before).

Wiping/formatting boot disk will erase al data and firmware on the device but not the bootloader.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
3 REPLIES 3
Fullmoon
Contributor III

kindly call Fortinet Customer Service to delete all info associated on that device.

resetting the device to its factory wont solved your desire.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
sw2090
Honored Contributor

btw: wiping the boot disk will not brick the device (unless the flash dies which recently happened to me). Bootloader will still run and you can either tftp a new firmware or do usb auto config (if it were enabled before).

Wiping/formatting boot disk will erase al data and firmware on the device but not the bootloader.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
fruwolt
New Contributor

well, then i'll ask the customer service for help.

thanks a lot for the infos! :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors