Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rbeygi
New Contributor

forticlient for ubuntu not open

Hi

i installed fotriclient vpn from fortinet site on ubuntu 20.4 and after install i can't open console or panel gui and configure vpn 

please help me

4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Might be permissions but have your tried running from a bash shell

forticlientsslvpn_cli --server x.x.x.x --vpnuser youruserame

FWIW, I've never ran the gui now that I think about it.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
rbeygi
New Contributor

i want use LocalID in ipesec adn with forticlientsslvpn icant set LocalID.

i can connect easily with windows version but with linux version i cant open app.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

localid is for ipsec,the forticlientsslvpn is only sslvpn, the latter has no localid support

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
RichardBenfatto
New Contributor

rbeygi wrote:

Hi

i installed fotriclient vpn from fortinet site on ubuntu 20.4 and after install i can't open console or panel gui and configure vpn 

please help me

Do not waste your time, it will not run. I have the same problem with Forticlient. I had Mint 19.2 and 19.3. The app installed and used to double click its icon. All worked like a charm.

This weekend I put a new drive and put Mint 20 (based on Ubuntu 20.04). Again the program "installs" you see the correct and proper ICON but will never run.

I am also NSE and a Cisco Academy Instructor, and Electronic Engineer and many years of experience and a partner and re seller of Fortinet.................the tech support STINKS !!!!! And answers are incredibly silly. I see up my comment what someone that is NSE says............... the point is not never I tried to run from the ICON, if someone is saying something is wrong, try and fix.

I cannot believe the amount of silly answers that resolve nothing.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors