Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
VinnyMNewInt
New Contributor

IPSEC VPN Everything works but browse network

Hi,

I have an IPSEC VPN set up on our Fortigate 100F to access our LAN.  When connected I can ping all computers and resolve their names, I can use UNC paths to access servers yet I can't browse the network in Windows Explorer (Shows only my computer).  I thought it might be the VPN DNS Suffix so I made sure to set it.  I'm not sure what could be causing it. Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
rohitchoudhary1978
New Contributor III

Hi, Try or check if netbios Port 445 is opened.

Thanks

Rohit

Rohit K
Rohit K
VinnyMNewInt

Thank you, I'll give it a try and report back.

VinnyMNewInt

I must be doing something wrong.  I have a policy that allows VPN to Local LAN on everything from everything already so I added a port forward (no nat) from 192.168.3.0 (my vpn) to 192.168.0.12 (AD/DNS Server) on port 445 and still nothing. 

The Ideal situation would be for the VPN (192.168.3.0/24) to be able to access everything on the LAN (192.168.0.0/24) but I haven't gotten it working. Thanks.

VinnyMNewInt

Yes, it looks like it's open...all of them are.  I have policies in both directions (vpn to lan, lan to vpn) allowing all. I can ping all of the machines and resolve their names.  When I open network neighborhood, nothing's there.

VPN (dialup) is 192.168.3.x

Main net is 192.168.0.x

Dns 192.168.0.12

The vpn gateway shows 192.168.3.13, the main network gateway is 192.168.0.1

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors