Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dpr
New Contributor

FortiToken show / hide Token Button

Hi!

I used FortiToken for a while and I would like to submit a feature request: Whenever one doesn't press exactly the eye icon for showing the hidden token, it shows details about the account issuer, name, serial no, which is confusing when one tries to see the token.

In my opinion clicking on the whole line, excluding the arrow in the end, should toggle the display of the token.

Maybe the arrow to the right could then be enlargened a bit or exchanged to a gear symbol.

Kind regards,

dpr

4 REPLIES 4
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, tapping to something like almost 1/2" left of "The Eye" icon still reveals token code for me. To me, personally, it seems OK-ish and far from exact press. But I'm not PM for tokens. However I do not need to tap the eye, usually, as most of my 2FA auth attempts get resolved through PUSH notification.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

dpr

Sorry, forgot to mention: IOS app, Version 5.1.0.0006. IPhone 8. Really very exact the eye icon here!

xsilver_FTNT

Hmm, interesting .. mine is also iPhone8 + iOS 13.5 + FortiToken Mobile app 5.1.0.0006 as well.

Tested with tokens from FGT / FAC / Cloud.

Sensitive field to reveal code might be wider, sure thing, but for me it's OK.

And most of the time I use push => no need to reveal/show code at all.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

dpr

So maybe it is token specific? I use it for my companies VPN, so maybe there is a difference. Nevertheless, my request for change stands.. it is annoying enough for me to address it here ;). I could post a video of me trying to hit the areas around the eye icon, but I really do not understand, why clicking on the dashes need to show the information of the token rather than the revealed code.

Kind regards,

dpr

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors