Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Luc
New Contributor

To display dhcp server config

Hi all,

I am trying to display dhcp server config on 30e but i am not sure this gives code 5 error? Any idea?

# show ? <Enter> Or full-configuration show full configuration

# show full-configuration system dns Command fail. Return code 5

Secondly I want to do debugging on dhcp server traffic to see what is wrong....Any workaround?

Thanks help

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

For dhcp you need to use "show full-configuration system dhcp server"

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
10 REPLIES 10
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

For dhcp you need to use "show full-configuration system dhcp server"

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Luc
New Contributor

It gives the following error?

# show full-configuration system dhcp server Command fail. Return code 5

sw2090
Honored Contributor

if you want to see the leases your dhcp has handed over:

exec dhcp lease list

to clear leases

exec dhcp lease clear

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
sw2090
Honored Contributor

maybe this is easier

config system dhcp server

show

will show all configured dhcp servers

The crux is that in FGT web gui this is part of interface config while on gui it is stand alone...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Luc
New Contributor

Thanks reply..

Actual issue investigated is that clients are not getting IP addresses from the Fortigate device? What troubleshooting and workaround should be?  Where to start troubleshooting?

sw2090
Honored Contributor

use flow debug or/and packet sniffer to see the actual traffic and whalt happens to it.

-- 

Luc
New Contributor

I am not good on fortigate...Can you give actual command set? for the flow debug or/and packet sniffer?

sw2090
Honored Contributor

I just gave it in this thread: https://forum.fortinet.co...m=184147&tree=true

-- 

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What is your admin access-profile level? You might not be of the right level in order to execute those commands

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors