Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jctheo
New Contributor

Static URL Web Filter stopped working (after no other changes?)

I have a FortiGate 100D running 5.6.  I have a policy which has been blocking certain static URLs for one of my kids, which was working beautifully up until about 2 weeks ago.  I've made no other configuration changes which would explain the behavior, and I've even restored a known good configuration from before the last date I know it worked.  I don't have current licenses (this is a home environment) but this has been the case for some time and according to Fortinet this feature should not be a licensing issue anyway.

I see the traffic that should be blocked, and it is being allowed by the same policy (presumably because the other criteria matches, but the Web Filter block is not working.)

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
jctheo
New Contributor

UPDATE:

Turned out to be an issue with my proxy port mapping, which somehow got wiped out.  Since restoring from a good backup did not resolve the issue, I'm now wondering whether restoring backups even change the proxy settings (or some other things.)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors