Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RPosselt
New Contributor

S2S VPN: NAT remote network

Hi all,

I am setting up a Site-2-site VPN from our hosting center to a customer network. (I only have control of the Fortigate at our end.) However the LAN addresses used on the customer network, is already used by another of our customers.

Can I NAT the remote networks addresses in my end? Any description of how to set this up?

I have tried finding info in the Forti Cookbook, but didn't find this scenario.

TYIA.

1 Solution
sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm I think you can do that by setting the policy that allows the traffic to do dnat either with the ip of the destination iface or an ip pool.

I do that here with our homeiffice vpns because for one application they need to have an ip in our office lan. So I set the policy on my side to dnat all traffic to this app with an ip out of an ip pool  inside our office lan.

But dnat with destination interface ip should do the same.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
2 REPLIES 2
RPosselt
New Contributor

Noone can tell me, if it's even possible?

sw2090
Honored Contributor

hm I think you can do that by setting the policy that allows the traffic to do dnat either with the ip of the destination iface or an ip pool.

I do that here with our homeiffice vpns because for one application they need to have an ip in our office lan. So I set the policy on my side to dnat all traffic to this app with an ip out of an ip pool  inside our office lan.

But dnat with destination interface ip should do the same.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors