Some Windows 10 machines can't connect when Restrict to Specific OS Versions enabled
Hey all, hopefully someone can shed some light on an issue for me before I roll out a feature to all my customers. I want to enable the Restrict to Specific OS Versions option, but as soon as I do, some machines even in my office can't connect to VPN after. The short of it:
1) Enable the feature on the fortigate, apply it (note: haven't set ANY deny rules yet)
2) Test SSLVPN on laptop, works
3) Test SSLVPN on desktop, fails at 80%
4) Enable a few deny rules for the OS versions I don't want to connect, Laptop still works, desktop still broken
Troubleshooting steps, and longer details:
PC in my home, with forticlient, can connect to any of my FGT devices around the world without issue. Laptop in the same home, same credentials can connect to the same firewalls. Each machine is ON THE SAME PATCH LEVEL.
If I enable the Restrict to Specific OS Versions enabled, without setting any deny rules, one of my machines (desktop) stops working and fails at 80% on VPN connection. Laptop is unchanged.
For testing, on the trouble computer we have:
1) Rolled back updates
2) Applied this weeks outstanding update
3) run DISM
4) Run SFC
5) Patched the NIC driver
6) Rolled back to a previous OS BUILD
7) Via support on another ticket, removed the app, ran the cleanup tool, reinstalled, issue persisted.
Issue remains the same. I'd like to tell you that reinstalling windows would fix this, but this OS install is from December, and has minimal items installed. I am testing with other machines in my office to recreate this elsewhere. If there is anything else I can do to point out issues / configurations that are broken, please advise.
Anyone experienced this or resolved it? All machines in my example so far are the same W10 1909 version and patch level.