Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MayaTheBee
New Contributor

iMac Kernel Panic

Hello All,

Hoping you can help. I'm experiencing Kernel panics when I disconnect FortiClient VPN 6.2.6.737

iMac 21,5 2019 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 macOS Catalina. Kernel panics also occurred in Mojave.

com.fortinet.fct.kext.ipsec seems to be the causing the crash.

Has anyone experienced this? I could upload the panic report if needed.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
ausrius
New Contributor

Hi,

I can double on that. I have the same issue with Catalina and FortiClient 6.4.1.1267 on my 2012 MacBook Pro. I get kernel panic at least once a day. Mostly when my work day is done and I need to disconnect from the VPN I get kernel panic which is a bit annoying but still bearable. However it is super annoying when my wifi connection gets a bit unstable. As soon as my MacBook loose the connection for at least a second FortiClient disconnects automatically and then I get kernel panic. This could happen like 4 times a day on a bad day.

Was using some older version of FortiClient on Mojave and did not have any issue. Then I updated to Catalina and the latest version of FortiClient as I was required to use 2FA and IPSec connection which I could not get to work on the version of FortiClient I was using. The issue started to come up right after the update.

Would be nice to get more attention on this issue.

Cheers!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors